Hi, there! Saturday is tag day and my dear Jess, from the Mud and Stars, tagged me in the Confessions of a Writer Tag 😀 Thank you, sweeting! Let’s do this!
Confessions of a Writer
1) When did you first start writing? Was being a writer something you always wanted to do?
Hm, I think I was around 8 or 9. I wrote down plots for Barbies plays with a friend, and I’d summarize the whole story in a page or two, as to not forget it. Later, I’d write stories with princesses and all, and then, with 12 or 13, I started to write fan fictions as well 🙂
2) What genre do you write?
Fan fiction, supernatural, mystery, historical romance, pirates… So far, that’s what I got, haha!
3) Can you tell us a little about your current work in progress? When did you start working on this project?
I have two works in progress. One is in the editing phase and it’s a fanfic about Jack Frost and Elsa, from Frozen. The other one I’m still writing, but it is also fanfic, about Legolas and Aragorn 🙂
4) What was the first piece that you can remember writing? What was it about?
I can’t remember, but I think it was some lame poem about mermaids, haha!
5) What’s the best part about writing?
I think it’s the creativity exercise. You get to take your mind elsewhere and forget about your problems. Plus, sometimes, we can’t find the book that we want to read, so we have to create it, right? 😀
6) What is the worst part about writing?
In my case, it’s finishing stories. I have a closure problem, I don’t want things to end, so I drop my projects before I finish them. Long-term things are tricky for me, but I’m working on it. I have a book and a fanfiction finished to my name, they only need editing (three, if you count Elsa and Jack’s one).
7) What’s the name of your favorite character and why? (This can be from another author or your own work. Book crushes are perfectly acceptable here as well.)
Catherine Lestrange. She is my alter ego, for say. Her name came from Catherine Zeta Jones and Belatrix Lestrange, haha! I invented her when I was seven and she never left me. Curiously, I never wrote a full story including her, haha! I have to work on that.
8) How much time a day/week do you get to write? When is the best time for you to write (morning or night)? How much time a day/week do you get to write? When is the best time for you to write (morning or night)?
My writing is very sparse, unfortunately. When I’m inspired, I’ll write in literally anything with anything, This can be very troublesome, haha! But I did a lot of writing this year during my Wednesday classes at college, in which both subjects bored me to my bones, haha!
9) Did you go to college for writing? Or if you haven’t been to college yet, do you plan to?
Er, kind of. I’m a graduated Journalist, which makes me a graduated writer in a way, but I never did a specialized course for it, like Creative Writing or something.
10) What bothers you more: spelling errors, punctuation errors or grammar errors?
Grammar errors. Grammar is the minimum that you need to know about the language that you are writing a story on. Spelling errors can be fixed with Word and Punctuation is a major difficulty for almost anyone, but you need to know the grammar.
11) What is the best writing advice that anyone has given you?
To write my problems down, so I could think of them clearly. Thanks, shrink!
12) What advice would you give another writer?
Try to keep a schedule, it’s good to have one. I’m trying to do that now, haha!
13) What are your favorite writing sites or blogs that you turn to for help, tips or encouragements?
I have none because my writing is very amateur, oops!
14) Besides writing, what else do you enjoy doing? What are your hobbies?
Reading, of course, HAHA! Playing The Sims 2, listening to music and watching old cartoons on TV.
15) What is the best book you have read this year?
So far, I’ve read 211 books. I can’t possibly chose one, so a favorite books of the year post is scheduled to December 30th, okay? Haha!
16) What is the best movie you have seen this year?
Ever After, 1998. It’s the best movie of my life and I made a point of watching it several times a year ❤
17) What is you favorite book or series of all time?
Don’t. Just don’t.
18) Who is your favorite author?
AVA MARCH! (wow, big surprise, haha!)
19) What are your plans for the rest of the year in terms of your writing?
I want to, at least, finish my editing process with Elsa and Jack, haha! But that’s all…
20) Where else can we find you online?
That’s it! Thanks for reading 😀 I’m not tagging anyone because I’m not sure who is also a writer here, haha! If you are and want to do this, feel free to say that I nominated you ❤