Hi, peeps! Welcome to my bookish account’s clearing for April =D We have a wrap up, a shy book haul and a TBR for May =D Follow me!
Hi, peeps! Welcome to my bookish account’s clearing for April =D We have a wrap up, a shy book haul and a TBR for May =D Follow me!
*post recommended for mature readers, as we’re going to talk about sex*
Guys, can I just go straight to the point here? Let’s talk about sex in books.
I love it, you love it, everybody loves it – of course, we all have our preferences, as erotic books are just one more gender or sub gender in our shelves. If you have been following me for a while or for a week or two, you may know I ALWAYS pend to male/male books when we talk about sex and steamy scenes, for example. It doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy a good heterosexual sex scene or even a lesbian sex scene or even a ménage or an orgy scene.
The thing is, I must confess: I positively PANIC when I read a blurb and I find that soup letter of acronyms and really weird words that go far away from their original meaning to describe sexual stereotypes and situations. I don’t know if this is due the fact that this panda isn’t a native English speaker or if I just didn’t spend enough time with the cool panda kids to know my way around the sexual vocabulary, but it’s a given fact. I panic, I get frustrated, I try to google terms and, well, that is ALWAYS THE WORST THING. Apparently, sexual vocabulary is one of those things that you either know or not and end of discussion.
Thinking of how much I struggle to understand many popular acronyms and terms, both in the heterosexual and the gay fields (I can’t promise in the lesbian and other genres, as I’ve read few erotic books in any other erotic category so far),
And then this mini guide was born.
So seat back, make yourself comfortable and grab your pens and notebooks. TODAY, WE LEAVE THE DARKNESS TOWARDS THE LIGHT.
THE TIME HAS ARRIVED, PEEPS. March is over, the math is done and we’ll finally know how this panda fared in this last reading month =D You’ll also find which books I got for exchanged bamboos (they are precious, just saying!) and my TBR list for April in this post ❤
Good evening, again! I was going to post this tomorrow, but when I saw all my productiveness during the holidays’ month, I couldn’t wait to share my happiness over being full back on blogging, haha!
In December, I kept last month’s statistics by reading 11 books, 4 mangas and 1 comic book. Okay, so I read way less manga, but I’m proud of myself. This month was CRAZY busy, of course, so I feel like a champ for not dropping my reading stats, haha!
Hello 🙂 It’s me again, late as usual, but with a tag! HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE THE LAST ONE?! (please don’t answer that, haha!)
Anyway, one of my best online friends, the amazing Jess from the Mud and Stars, tagged me on The Infinity Dreams Award! If you never heard about her blog, you totally don’t read mine should give her a go, I’m sure you’ll love her as much as I do! Thanks for the nomination, my dear! 😀 ❤
My 11 facts
1) I’m addicted to Diet Coke and sometimes it increases highly the intensity of my fangirlings and my capacity of shipping pretty much anyone anywhere. Example? Okay. There was I watching Madagascar 3, on my third can of Diet Coke, when the following thought crosses my mind: “oh my, Alex and Vitale would make an awesome couple with all the angst and sexiness about them!”
Seriously. At that moment, I knew it was too late.
2) I’m a social butterfly in my offline life and an introvert on the online life. I know, it makes no sense at all, but I never seem to know what to type or who to talk to on internet. Example? Sure, sure. Goodreads’ book clubs. I’ve been to three and don’t remember saying a word to any of them despite actively following their discussions. Should I say something? When? Spoilers allowed? Am I supposed to read the book they chose now or can I do it anytime?
I just don’t know what I’m doing.
3) I love to start collections. Since I’m a child, I’ve been collecting the most weird stuff and some other cool ones. Sometimes I cool off about a collection just to dive back in some months later. I know, I know: examples. Well, I collect stationary stuff, notebooks, bookmarks, Pokémon cards, thematic magnets of cities, states and countries, perfumes, sea shells, rings… My most new and unfortunately lacking collection is my Funko collection. I only own three: Snape, Jessica Rabbit and Lilo. I have another one coming in that I won today (literally this morning, haha!), but I wished I could afford many more.
4) I’ve been a Slytherin since I’m 7 and I really wished Draco Malfoy had a true friend.
5) I feel I’m running out of things to say and we are only in the middle of this list.
6) I have such a fondness for lgbt love in general because I feel this is the last true social barrier for a relationship to actually work. If I’m reading contemporary romances and it is all about the couple getting together with some insecurity drama to it, I just don’t feel like reading it. I don’t see a valid problem, you know? But a lgbt couple has yet to deal with a lot of shit from society – from their own homes, in many occasions. That’s why I pin harder for them 🙂
7) This last month, I’ve been obsessed with a song by Blake Lewis, called I Want You. If I could hear merman sing, I bet it would sound as beautiful and alluring as that song. I’ve actually danced while walking in the middle of the street several times when it came on my iPod. My neighborhood must think I’m on drugs or something, haha!
8) I hate clothes shopping, but never take me along to buy shoes. I’ll end up taking the whole store if I can. And then I’m stuck with good things to wear only on my feet. It’s not unusual to see me in outfits 7 or 8 years old and a brand shinning pair of shoes along them.
9) I love big nails. I used to be a heavy bitter until elementary school, but I had this offline best friend (hi, Hachi!) that wore her nails longer even as a child. I thought it was so beautiful and awesome that I put on my head that I wanted to have beautiful nails too, with or without anxiety attacks. I don’t know how, but somewhere along the way until high school, I stopped biting my nails and started doing them myself. Now I’m the queen of the big nails and share Hachi’s throne ❤
10) Sometimes, I pretend that I can stick every character that I really like in a book inside Hogwarts. As I read, I imagine which House the character would go into, who would be their friends and all. And, of course, there aren’t only Harry Potter characters in Hogwarts at my head. Every character that I like and can remember is there to welcome the new comer. I’m such a loser sometimes hahahaha!
11) The Book Adventures of Annelise Lestrange will reach its first year of life next month! I am so excited *–*
1) Which fictional character is most like you?
That’s a hard question, haha! But searching my read books shef at Goodreads brain, I’d say that the character that hit the closest to my own personality and problems was Isis Blake, from Love Me Never – review here! I was so stunned with her that I actually teared up a bit at random times. She was so me, in both good and bad. I wish she could just pop out of the pages and become the twin sister that I’ve ever wanted, haha!
2) Which books have made you cry?
I did a list with ten on my last Top 10 Tuesday, haha! You can read about those books here 🙂 (Which I know you already did, Jess <3)
3) Has a book ever filled you with rage?
Oooh, many times. I’m the type that talks with the book as I read, so I naturally rage at them too when needed, haha!
4) Who is your favourite fictional couple?
Oh, dear. PLEASE DON’T MAKE ME CHOOSE AMONG MY CHILDREN LOL I’m kidding. If I was forced to stick with a single fictional couple forever, I’d choose Max and Tristan from All In With The Duke. I lost count on how many times I’ve read this book since it came out, haha!
5) Has there been a book which has genuinely scared you?
Yes, a couple of times. But the one that messed me up the most and wouldn’t allow me to sleep after reading was The Vanishing Game. It was surreal and not scary at all, but it disturbed me in a fashion that I was left paranoid for over a week after finishing it. THAT was scary, haha! But really spooked, I think it was A Stranger in the Mirror, by Sydney Sheldon. The book is a suspense drama or something, but seeing the castle of cards falling in the end spooked me on a personal level. Hm, I feel I wasn’t helpful at all on this answer, sorry!
6) Favourite fictional animal/fantastical creature?
Hmm, another hard one. I’m not really a sucker for magical pets – I like the regular ones like dogs and cats, haha! But I do like unicorns and dragons. Unicorns have been my thing since I was a child, but dragons were creatures that I learned to appreciate with Hachiyumi. She loves them to the core and I can’t help but to find them fascinating through her eyes 🙂
7) Favourite fantasy world?
Harry Potter’s, of course! How can anyone not love Hogwarts?!
8) Which book completely exceeded your expectations?
The last one was Kiss Kill Love Him Still. I so didn’t expect to be as hooked as I was! =O and now I’m crazily reading the sequel BECAUSE I NEED TO KNOW WHO KILLED JACKSON! No times for reviews yet, but they will be here soon enough, haha!
9) Are there any books you’ve disliked from an author you usually love?
All the time, unfortunately. Some examples are:
10) What’s your favourite book in a genre you don’t normally read?
Another hard one, I kind of read almost anything, haha! But okay, I usually hate self-help books, but I love The Blue Day Book! It has the most adorable animal pictures on it and it took me years to realize that it was indeed a self-help book, haha! Especially with Brazilian’s translated title, that hardly announces the book as such.
11) If you had another blog, what would you write about it instead of books?
I actually have another abandoned blog written in Brazilian Portuguese and it had all sorts of nerd things, haha! News, reflections upon life, reviews, fashion analysis… It was definitely nerd, haha!
That was a long run! I really don’t know who to tag right now – it’s 4:25AM and I really want to know who killed Jackson, so I’d like to everyone that never has been nominated before and/or people who would like to play along with The Infinity Dreams Award to speak up in the comments, please! Tomorrow I’ll be back with 11 questions and to edit this post and make nominations 🙂
Thanks for reading and I love you guys! Also, love you, Jess! ❤
Hi, there! Just a quick note to share that my posts, from now on, will have cute banners to separate their sections! And I also made my own Goodreads image to use as a button, so my posts now will be more cute and padronized ❤
I didn’t do the cute draws, just put it all together with Photoshop, haha!
Aren’t they adorable? It’s amazing what a bit of glue- I mean, photoshop, can do to improve things, haha!
Hope you like it and that you’re having a wonderful weekend!!
Hi, there! Welcome to my weekly book tag! Only that today it is actually an award! Thanks so much to my lovely friend Kim, from The Spines Breaker, for nominating me for The Sunshine Blog Award ❤ If you don’t already, just give her a follow, she’s amazing!
~> Thank whoever nominated you. (thanks, Kim!!)
~>Answer the questions.
~>Pick five bloggers to answer your questions.
Kim’s questions for me
I do, highly. I think that nowadays, with all technology disposed for pretty much everybody, a nice looking cover for anything is a basic requirement. Besides, I read too much about psychology to believe that people are not affected by cover contents when picking up a book, sorry lol
I don’t have a favorite cover, but I tend to prefer real people over illustrations on books. Unless we’re talking about sugared historical romances. Then I simply love those painted looking covers, with all that Belle Époque feelings to them ❤
That’s a hard one. I used to think that it was the snake. Then I realized that I may be a bear, as I am chubby, huggable, love to eat (especially salmon) and have a current record of 18 hours of straight sleep. But then I remembered how I can’t hibernate on winters and how I hate summers, so I came to the conclusion that I’m a cat.
Slytherin. I chose it when I was only six and watched Harry Potter for the first time. Later on my life, every single quiz that I made confirmed my green and silver spirit. Even Pottermore put me twice on Slytherin – both on the old version and the new version of the website, haha!
To go blind. I’ve worn glasses since I’m three years old (with a five-year pause after I turned 14) and I’m terrified of not being able to read anymore.
I’m detached. From everything. Sometimes, even from my books. I can’t bring myself to care about any subject for long, not truly. I haven’t changed, but I’ve learned how to cope with it. Maybe this is the way that my brain encountered to deal with the suffering and over excitement that every Leo goes through in life, haha!
Black. You can’t go wrong with black ❤
The Swan Princess. But that’s a tough one, haha!
It can be a curse, trust me.
That’s it, thank you for reading 😀 If you liked this award and my questions, please fell free to do it too and say that I nominated you ❤
Hello, good Saturday morning to you 😀 Today I bring you guys my third Liebster Award! My deepest thanks to Vinnieh, my lovely friend that nominated me. On his blog, you can find awesome movie and lyrics reviews and some smoking hot bum posts. If you don’t already, go give him a follow, he is brilliant ❤
I got to meet so many incredible people and awesome books! Now, the sky is my limit, haha! I made friends, got better at English writing and doubled my share of read books on the year. It is very relaxing and rewarding, haha!
I never though about that, haha! As I live on a big city on a tropical country, I’m used to shirtless people on the streets, crazy people going for a walk naked to protest over some matter or other, etc. I wouldn’t do it, but I think everyone deserves the freedom to dress or to not dress as they see fit 🙂
If we are talking about theaters, no, I didn’t. I’m 21 today with a 16 face, so I still struggle to see mere action movies, haha! But I watched tons of movies that weren’t for my age at home. My parents always trusted my judgments, for good and bad, haha!
Ian Somerhalder, as he is incredibly sexy, talented, nice, animal lover and singer ❤
My second option would be Matt Bomer, haha!
Thy shall not ruin, damage, bad mouth, steal or wrinkle books. The penalty for each of those infractions shall be… Deadly.
I think that what’s different on my blog is the way I do my reviews, with all humbleness 🙂
I do, I think there are more between the sky and the ground that our eyes can see. Not all can be explained and I’m fine with that, haha!
I really want to visit Canada, England, France, Germany and the USA 🙂 I never got the chance to travel abroad properly.
I know it is not really an horror movie, but mine would be The Mummy and all the movies that came after it. I remember watching them as a kid quite by accident with my parents and I lost my sleep for a week, haha! The monsters and insects crawling out of the sand still give me nightmares…
I would like to be able to move things around with my mind. That way, I would also me able to fly 😀
Hopefully, a paying job, haha! And I know it holds a trip tomorrow to my hometown.
As this is my third award and I have seem this award on several blogs, I won’t tag anyone. But if you never received a Liebster Award and would like to, just comment and I’ll edit this post to nominate you and give you your eleven questions 😀
Thank you for reading and don’t worry, the blog shall continue to live even with my trips, haha!
Hi, there! August has ended, so it’s time to balance everything that has been happening with me and my books!
I’ve read 8 books, 5 mangas and 1 comic book this month. I hope I can do better than this in September!
I’ve bought 3 mangas and 4 ebooks. That’s right, I didn’t buy a single paperback or hardcover this month and I’m depressed.
I’ve received 18 books in August in exchange for a honest review 🙂 Here’s the complete list, including my NetGalley books:
Four very busy weeks indeed, haha! And I also would like to say that my Review Policy is finally up!! It took me a while, but it’s beautiful ❤ I hope I can get more reading done this month 🙂
That’s it, guys! That’s my August report, haha! Thanks for reading! What have you been up to this last month?