Good morning, make up fans! Welcome to the book tour for The Makeup Test, by Vanessa M. Knight! In this post, you’ll find overall info about book and author, the author’s top 5 favorite cosmetics, my cover analysis and a giveaway!
The Makeup Test
by Vanessa M. Knight
Genre: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance
Release date: April 4th, 2017
Parker Breckinridge is a sophomore in college and already running her own internet cosmetics business. She doesn’t apologize for her successes – or anything else. She’s worked hard to get what where she is. She’s had to. It’s not like there was anything else in her life, despite her rich family.
Cade Adler doesn’t do relationships – especially relationships with uptight princesses. Been there. Done that. Destroyed the T-shirt. Besides, what with working full-time as a police officer and going to school, who has time for women? Not him.
With his tattoos and overall attitude, Cade is exactly what Parker doesn’t need. And between her father’s money and her piss-poor attitude, Parker is exactly what Cade doesn’t need.
I know I’m not one to write personal posts that don’t include books very often and that’s a choice of mine – I mean, blogging is a kind of getaway from real life for me, so it seems a bit weird to talk about real life here when there is no connection to books. However, I’ve been feeling the need to talk about the changes in my life since I started working again. So, if you don’t feel like reading a personal post, stop now and give me half an hour to post my scheduled posts for the day over here 🙂
You may want to sit, this will be a long ride.
For those who haven’t been around very long, hello! I’m Annelise, a 21 year old journalist that just got her degree last December. I’ve been released from my former agency last July,thanks to my country’s economical crisis, and just got back to work on the last week of May, on the 25th. It was pratically a year at home, only taking my last classes at college and working on my dissertation.
As I still live with my parents – who work out – and I’m an only child, it was natural for me to unburden my mom from her house chores and absorb them into my day. She didn’t ask me, I simply did it. I was jobless, it was the least I could do in my vision. And I had the blog, that will complete its first year this month, on June 22th. I’d love to say that I have wonderful things planned for the date, but that would be a lie. But we’ll get there.
Anyway, I had a big apartment to run, a legacy of better financial times for my family, an old and lovely dog to take care of (yes, I’m talking about my princess Lady, she’s 14) and a blog to keep running. Oh, and my bookstagram account. For 11 months, this was my routine: take care of the house, make lunch for my parents, take care of my dog and when it all was ready to go, blog and Instagram away.
As wonderful as my life was, I felt constantly judged because I couldn’t get a job. It felt like the working spots were there for everyone but me, no one seemed to need what I can offer as a professional. My parents wouldn’t say anything, but honestly? They didn’t have to, especially my mom. No matter if the house was perfect and tidy, if I was getting review request after review request, or if I was meeting awesome people that became offline friends as much as online. I wasn’t making money, so I logically was wasting my time.
With my family with really low on cash, all the non-spoken pressure and the sense of social failture for leaving college without a steady income, I started to freak out a little. And then I blogged more. Because here I could control my life, I could let my passions run free. Being chubby wasn’t a problem. The lack of a boyfriend wasn’t a problem. The lack of money wasn’t a problem. The sick dog wasn’t a problem. My only problems over here are whether a book deserses a certain rating or not, how to say constructive things for all the books that I read, if I answered all my friends and am up to date with their blogs.
Life on WordPress is wonderful, seriously.
And then last month my ex-boss, a wonderful woman that taught me everything I know about my job, who I deeply admire and am proud to call my personal friend nowadays, gave my name to another former co-worker of ours, for a spot on my area. I was called on the agency, made it through the interview and was hired on the same day.
Honestly, I was so happy – and still am. I felt like my life was on some sort of cosmical pause and that everyday looked exactly like the same, I needed the change of scenario and I feel blessed to have a job among a very huge political and economical crisis. But things changed.
As it happens to everything in life, it’s time to adjust now and that’s where lays the problem. I’m not being able to perform my house chores alone anymore and now I feel my mom silent jugding me because I can’t help her enough. My poor Lady spends the whole day alone and my heart breaks everyday to think that I may not be there for her if the wost happens. I feel like my blogposts are not the same anymore, not even half as complete as I’d like to – hell, I can’t even keep up with myself. I’m reading way more than I can review.
All of this has been bothering me a lot because I honestly don’t know how much of this is really my new routine interfering in my private activities and how much this is actually my fault. And the worst part is that no one can answer this but me. I’m confused and messed up.
I know that sooner or later I will adjust and make room for all my chores + blogging on my daily routine, but I’d rather not freak out until then.
What I’m trying to say with this post is that I’m really, really scared. Living my own life is terrifying. I’ll keep trying until I win this war, but it doesn’t make me more comfortable or brave. Just more… Scared, haha.
Since I entered college, I made a point of not giving up anything in life that I really wanted or believed in. Right now, I want this job to be awesome, I want to keep being a blogger and I want to be able to do my house chores and try to make my mom’s life easier. And, more than anything, I want this choices that I’ve made so far to be the right bets.
My whole point is: you believe in something, you keep fighting for it. That’s my plan and not even all my insecurities, reservations and problems will keep me from it. I will adjust, I will go back to a better post quality (in my humble vision) and I will still have time left to clean up my house. All I need is time.
… And to convince myself of all of that.
Thanks so much for reading and I’m really sorry for this so-out-of-nowhere post, but I needed to unload my heart without being too heard offline. I’m very tired of offline people around me blatantly ignoring my previous experience of three years working in agencies and assuming that all my personal problems are due my new job. I mean, hello? This is the only damn thing that is working out for me right now!! Ugh.
Seriously, you are a hero if you made it to this far and, for that, I thank you 🙂 Sorry for turning my blog into a temporary therapy session, but hey, not my fault if I can’t afford a therapist, hahaha!
See you again in some mintures, when I come back at pretending everything is only rainbows, flowers and love.
Hi, there! I’m alive after a very unproductive Saturday – Jess, from Mud and Stars, can testify that, haha!
Anyway, it’s time for a tag and lovely Victoria, from Addlepates and book nerds, nominated me to the Dragon’s Loyalty Award 😀 Thanks so much, dear! It’s my first time receiving it and I’m beyond happy, haha!
(x) Display the award on your blog and announce your win with a post;
(x) Link the blogger who awarded you;
(x) Present six deserving blogs with the award and link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded;
(x) Write seven interesting things about you.
Seven interesting (?) facts about me
1) I just started to work again after a year break to finish college and put my health back on track 🙂 I’m enjoying it a lot and hope to stay there for a while, as I like my clients and my co-workers!
2) I’m totally not a movie person. I always have déjà vu feelings when I read movie synopsis and I never was much of a movie watcher to say that I’ve “seen it all”. I’m okay with tv shows, though. I like to marathon them all at once, because if I stop, I will pick it up again only months – OR YEARS – after. Also, I have an extreme difficulty in ending them for this reason. In 21 years, I’ve only finished watching the classic Scooby Doo season, The Little Mermaid tv series from Disney, and I Dream of Jeannie. Btw, I finished I Dream of Jeannie last month, so yay for me, haha! Now I’m hell bent on finishing Bewitched. I started it all over again and am on the middle of the second season – work got in the way of this plan, but I’ll be watching more episodes tonight, for example 🙂
3) I’m a linguistics nut. If I could, I’d learn all the languages in the world. I currently only speak Brazilian Portuguese and English fluently unfortunately, but I’m working on my French now – I’m learning by myself for now, but I think I’ll enter a proper course on the next semester 🙂 My top priority languages to learn after mastering French include German, as I’m a German descendent, Japanese, as I HATE to depend on online translators and editors to read the titles that I want, and Russian just for the fun of knowing it, haha!
4) I’m a sucker for gay romance and gay manga. I’m often asked whether I’m a homosexual myself, but it’s not the case. Actually, I’ve never had sexual desire towards any real living person, be it a girl or a boy. I recognize their beauty, but I have no desire to touch or be touched. I’ve only fell truly in love once and it was for a boy, in my last year of high school. Complications aside, I’ve never once felt the need of kissing him or even touching him. However, as he was sort of in love with my best friend, I admit I didn’t put an effort on this and, ever since, I haven’t truly fallen for anyone else. I tried to fall for one of my best male offline friends, but that didn’t really work out either – his fault for not making the effort of going out with me even as friends, haha! So yeah, I’m heterosexual that lives desire through fictional gay men. Totally natural, yeah.
5) My 22th Birthday is on August 12th of this year and I don’t know how to feel about it. You see, this week I found a very white hair among my dark blonde others and I still sport the same face that I had when I left high school at 17, so I don’t feel like 22. I also still need to take my driver’s license, so I guess that helps me not to feel as I’m not a teen anymore. Even with my college being proudly over with all the stars and all and working since I turned 18, I feel froze in time. I’m not saying that I wish to look older, but I wish I could feel older. I wish I could feel like 22 and not like I’m still 17. But oh well, at least I get some funny jokes from my friends on the matter. I’m often called a vampire because of my never aging face and the fact that I tend to oversleep during the day given the chance – my regular sleep time if allowed is of at least 10 hours. My personal record is 18 hours of uninterrupted sleep, oops!
6) I have a small Lhasa Apso called Lady that is one of the beings that I love the most. She’s a stubborn and lazy girl, but she seems to have a sixth sense that never fails to alert her if I’m not feeling well or if I’m upset. She hates taking pictures, but I pretend I don’t know that, haha!
7) I love to travel, but I haven’t been getting many opportunities to do so, especially to new places. I do have to travel to visit my family, but that results in always going to the same places. My goal for the next year is to travel to a new place, let’s see how that will unfold, haha!
Hmm, that post ended up being way more personal than I intended it to, but oh well. Sorry guys, thanks for indulging my reflections, haha!
So, the people that most comment on my blog are:
My lovely friend Vinnie, which has a wonderful sense of humor and an endless patience with me, as I tend to read his blog posts all at the same time from month to month, haha! Sorry, darling, know that I love your blog even with the lateness of my comments 🙂 If you guys like movies, go follow him! He writes the BEST MOVIE REVIEWS EVER!
My best online friend Jess, from Mud and Stars, that not only tolerates me on WordPress, but also on Twitter, haha! Thanks for spending time with me whenever you can and for indulging me on book club ❤ Her blog is as amazing as she is and that’s saying a lot, trust me. So go follow her, haha! Love you, Jess!
My online bff Jeany, from JeanyJanez ❤ Thanks so much for always stopping by and always having something nice to say, dear! Also, thanks for being my friend ❤ If you guys like music and books, you need to follow Jeany!
My awesome kick-ass bff Mandy, from The Reading Diaries, that is someone that I admire from the bottom of my heart. She has endless patience with me on Instagram, pops up in here whenever she can and is awesome pretty much 24/7. If you like books, DIY projects and cooking, you have to follow Mandy! I’m sure she’s one of the best cooks in the USA!
My offline best-friend Jenny, who insists on reading my blog when she should be writing her dissertation and for that, I’m very proud of her ;D Thanks, twin!
My new-found blogger friend, Amanda, from the Cover2CoverMom. In those few months that I’ve known her, I can already tell you that she is one of those precious people that you keep in your heart and I’m really grateful to have met her ❤ Also, her blog is terrific, go follow her!
You guys don’t need to do this award, I just wanted to say how much you all mean to me! Also, thank you that is reading this too! *–*
And that’s the end of an unnecessary long post, haha! How is your weekend so far? 🙂
Hello 🙂 It’s me again, late as usual, but with a tag! HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE THE LAST ONE?! (please don’t answer that, haha!)
Anyway, one of my best online friends, the amazing Jess from the Mud and Stars, tagged me on The Infinity Dreams Award! If you never heard about her blog, you totally don’t read mine should give her a go, I’m sure you’ll love her as much as I do! Thanks for the nomination, my dear! 😀 ❤
Thank and link the blog that nominated you
Tell us 11 facts about yourself
Answer the questions that were set for you to answer
Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them
My 11 facts
1) I’m addicted to Diet Coke and sometimes it increases highly the intensity of my fangirlings and my capacity of shipping pretty much anyone anywhere. Example? Okay. There was I watching Madagascar 3, on my third can of Diet Coke, when the following thought crosses my mind: “oh my, Alex and Vitale would make an awesome couple with all the angst and sexiness about them!”
Seriously. At that moment, I knew it was too late.
2) I’m a social butterfly in my offline life and an introvert on the online life. I know, it makes no sense at all, but I never seem to know what to type or who to talk to on internet. Example? Sure, sure. Goodreads’ book clubs. I’ve been to three and don’t remember saying a word to any of them despite actively following their discussions. Should I say something? When? Spoilers allowed? Am I supposed to read the book they chose now or can I do it anytime?
I just don’t know what I’m doing.
3) I love to start collections. Since I’m a child, I’ve been collecting the most weird stuff and some other cool ones. Sometimes I cool off about a collection just to dive back in some months later. I know, I know: examples. Well, I collect stationary stuff, notebooks, bookmarks, Pokémon cards, thematic magnets of cities, states and countries, perfumes, sea shells, rings… My most new and unfortunately lacking collection is my Funko collection. I only own three: Snape, Jessica Rabbit and Lilo. I have another one coming in that I won today (literally this morning, haha!), but I wished I could afford many more.
4) I’ve been a Slytherin since I’m 7 and I really wished Draco Malfoy had a true friend.
5) I feel I’m running out of things to say and we are only in the middle of this list.
6) I have such a fondness for lgbt love in general because I feel this is the last true social barrier for a relationship to actually work. If I’m reading contemporary romances and it is all about the couple getting together with some insecurity drama to it, I just don’t feel like reading it. I don’t see a valid problem, you know? But a lgbt couple has yet to deal with a lot of shit from society – from their own homes, in many occasions. That’s why I pin harder for them 🙂
7) This last month, I’ve been obsessed with a song by Blake Lewis, called I Want You. If I could hear merman sing, I bet it would sound as beautiful and alluring as that song. I’ve actually danced while walking in the middle of the street several times when it came on my iPod. My neighborhood must think I’m on drugs or something, haha!
8) I hate clothes shopping, but never take me along to buy shoes. I’ll end up taking the whole store if I can. And then I’m stuck with good things to wear only on my feet. It’s not unusual to see me in outfits 7 or 8 years old and a brand shinning pair of shoes along them.
9) I love big nails. I used to be a heavy bitter until elementary school, but I had this offline best friend (hi, Hachi!) that wore her nails longer even as a child. I thought it was so beautiful and awesome that I put on my head that I wanted to have beautiful nails too, with or without anxiety attacks. I don’t know how, but somewhere along the way until high school, I stopped biting my nails and started doing them myself. Now I’m the queen of the big nails and share Hachi’s throne ❤
10) Sometimes, I pretend that I can stick every character that I really like in a book inside Hogwarts. As I read, I imagine which House the character would go into, who would be their friends and all. And, of course, there aren’t only Harry Potter characters in Hogwarts at my head. Every character that I like and can remember is there to welcome the new comer. I’m such a loser sometimes hahahaha!
11) The Book Adventures of Annelise Lestrange will reach its first year of life next month! I am so excited *–*
1) Which fictional character is most like you?
That’s a hard question, haha! But searching my read books shef at Goodreads brain, I’d say that the character that hit the closest to my own personality and problems was Isis Blake, from Love Me Never – review here! I was so stunned with her that I actually teared up a bit at random times. She was so me, in both good and bad. I wish she could just pop out of the pages and become the twin sister that I’ve ever wanted, haha!
2) Which books have made you cry?
I did a list with ten on my last Top 10 Tuesday, haha! You can read about those books here 🙂 (Which I know you already did, Jess <3)
3) Has a book ever filled you with rage?
Oooh, many times. I’m the type that talks with the book as I read, so I naturally rage at them too when needed, haha!
4) Who is your favourite fictional couple?
Oh, dear. PLEASE DON’T MAKE ME CHOOSE AMONG MY CHILDREN LOL I’m kidding. If I was forced to stick with a single fictional couple forever, I’d choose Max and Tristan from All In With The Duke. I lost count on how many times I’ve read this book since it came out, haha!
5) Has there been a book which has genuinely scared you?
Yes, a couple of times. But the one that messed me up the most and wouldn’t allow me to sleep after reading was The Vanishing Game. It was surreal and not scary at all, but it disturbed me in a fashion that I was left paranoid for over a week after finishing it. THAT was scary, haha! But really spooked, I think it was A Stranger in the Mirror, by Sydney Sheldon. The book is a suspense drama or something, but seeing the castle of cards falling in the end spooked me on a personal level. Hm, I feel I wasn’t helpful at all on this answer, sorry!
Hmm, another hard one. I’m not really a sucker for magical pets – I like the regular ones like dogs and cats, haha! But I do like unicorns and dragons. Unicorns have been my thing since I was a child, but dragons were creatures that I learned to appreciate with Hachiyumi. She loves them to the core and I can’t help but to find them fascinating through her eyes 🙂
7) Favourite fantasy world?
Harry Potter’s, of course! How can anyone not love Hogwarts?!
8) Which book completely exceeded your expectations?
The last one was Kiss Kill Love Him Still. I so didn’t expect to be as hooked as I was! =O and now I’m crazily reading the sequel BECAUSE I NEED TO KNOW WHO KILLED JACKSON! No times for reviews yet, but they will be here soon enough, haha!
Stephenie Meyer: loved Twilight 1, hated all the other books in the series and The Host;
Kiera Cass: loved The Selection trilogy and have really strong hate feelings towards The Heir.
10) What’s your favourite book in a genre you don’t normally read?
Another hard one, I kind of read almost anything, haha! But okay, I usually hate self-help books, but I love The Blue Day Book! It has the most adorable animal pictures on it and it took me years to realize that it was indeed a self-help book, haha! Especially with Brazilian’s translated title, that hardly announces the book as such.
11) If you had another blog, what would you write about it instead of books?
I actually have another abandoned blog written in Brazilian Portuguese and it had all sorts of nerd things, haha! News, reflections upon life, reviews, fashion analysis… It was definitely nerd, haha!
That was a long run! I really don’t know who to tag right now – it’s 4:25AM and I really want to know who killed Jackson, so I’d like to everyone that never has been nominated before and/or people who would like to play along with The Infinity Dreams Award to speak up in the comments, please! Tomorrow I’ll be back with 11 questions and to edit this post and make nominations 🙂
Thanks for reading and I love you guys! Also, love you, Jess! ❤
Hi, there! Welcome to my weekly book tag! Only that today it is actually an award! Thanks so much to my lovely friend Kim, from The Spines Breaker, for nominating me for The Sunshine Blog Award ❤ If you don’t already, just give her a follow, she’s amazing!
~> Thank whoever nominated you. (thanks, Kim!!)
~>Answer the questions.
~>Pick five bloggers to answer your questions.
Kim’s questions for me
Do you judge books by their covers? What is your favorite?
I do, highly. I think that nowadays, with all technology disposed for pretty much everybody, a nice looking cover for anything is a basic requirement. Besides, I read too much about psychology to believe that people are not affected by cover contents when picking up a book, sorry lol
I don’t have a favorite cover, but I tend to prefer real people over illustrations on books. Unless we’re talking about sugared historical romances. Then I simply love those painted looking covers, with all that Belle Époque feelings to them ❤
What is your spirit animal?
That’s a hard one. I used to think that it was the snake. Then I realized that I may be a bear, as I am chubby, huggable, love to eat (especially salmon) and have a current record of 18 hours of straight sleep. But then I remembered how I can’t hibernate on winters and how I hate summers, so I came to the conclusion that I’m a cat.
Which Hogwarts houses do you belong to?
Slytherin. I chose it when I was only six and watched Harry Potter for the first time. Later on my life, every single quiz that I made confirmed my green and silver spirit. Even Pottermore put me twice on Slytherin – both on the old version and the new version of the website, haha!
To go blind. I’ve worn glasses since I’m three years old (with a five-year pause after I turned 14) and I’m terrified of not being able to read anymore.
What is one thing you used to hate about yourself?
I’m detached. From everything. Sometimes, even from my books. I can’t bring myself to care about any subject for long, not truly. I haven’t changed, but I’ve learned how to cope with it. Maybethis is the way that my brain encountered to deal with the suffering and over excitement that every Leo goes through in life, haha!
Hello, there! As you read this post, I’m tucked on a bus going back to my hometown for two weeks. Never fear, both my blog and bookstagram will remain alive and well fed, but I may have an erratic schedule. Oops!
Sunday is TBR of the Week day and I chose a book that I was kindly sent through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review: Love Me, Love Me Not, from Alyxandra Harvey 😀
Dating isn’t easy when you’re in the middle of a blood feud.
Anastasia Vila’s family can turn into swans, but just once she’d like them to turn into responsible adults.
After hundreds of years, they still cling to the blood feud with the Renard family. No one remembers how it started in the first place—but foxes and swans just don’t get along.
Vilas can only transform into their swan shape after they have fallen in love for the first time, but between balancing schoolwork, family obligations, and the escalating blood feud, Ana’s got no time for love. The only thing keeping her sane is her best friend, Pierce Kent.
But when Pierce kisses Ana, everything changes.
Is what Pierce feels for her real, or a byproduct of her magic? Can she risk everything for her best friend? And when the family feud spirals out of control, Ana must stop the fight before it takes away everything she loves.
This Entangled Teen Crave book contains language, violence, and lots of kissing. Warning: it might induce strong feelings of undeniable attraction for your best friend.
Why I got interested: I really love fairy-tale retellings! I haven’t read many, unfortunately, but I can assure you I fell in love with all the ones that I have read, haha! The swans story is one of my favorite fairy tales ever so it was only logical for me to support this amazing author and read this book! The review will be here on March 3rd, so stay tuned 😀
Thank you for reading and brace yourselves, as the Love Me, Love Me Not Blog Tour is coming soon to The Book Adventures of Annelise Lestrange! Thanks again to Chapter by Chapter Blog Tours to include me, I’m having fun already 😀
Hi, there! Wow, it has been a while since I was able to set up a post for Saturday, haha! Anyway, I come back to you now with another award! I’m so honored ❤ Thank you, Kim! 😀 She’s from The Spines Breaker and a blast of fun. Don’t forget to check her out!
Here we have DA RULEZ:
Thank and follow the blog that nominated you. (Thank you, Kim!)
Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
11 Facts About Me
I love Britney Spears to the point of being delusional about her lately trashy music, haha!
I’m current on vacation at my uncle’s place, leading a very difficult life that includes sighseeing, eating wonderful food and swimming in the pool, as it is summer over here 😉
One of my favorite games ever is Lara Croft Tomb Raider. I’ve played almost them all so far and closed two; the first one and Legend, haha!
I’ve been reading mangas since I’m 8, thanks to a very dear Japanese friend ❤ Yas, I’m talking about you, Hachiyumi! *–*
I’m trying to convince my parents that I need to keep up with my education after ending college last December… By having piano lessons LOL
I love visiting cemeteries. To imagine the stories of the people buried there and wonder if their families still exist 🙂
One of my favorite jobs ever is to beta-read. I finished a book last year with an author and have two more in the oven! I love being the extra set of eyes, haha!
I love to write fanfiction. I’m currently finishing edits on a fanfiction about Elsa, from Frozen, and Jack Frost, from Rise of Guardians. I also am doing one with Aragorn and Legolas and promised a friend I’d write one about Orlando Bloom and Leonardo DiCaprio, haha! Let’s see how those go.
My favorite part of the day is sunset. Sunset reminds me of decadency and ghotic romantic notions, haha!
This is the fifth blog award that I have received! (Well, Sixth if you count that I have been nominated twice for the Liebster Award, haha!) Thank you all, you rock ❤
I’m forever thankful for the friends that I have made since I started my bookstagram and blogging ❤
Do you have a pet? What animal is it? If you don’t, would you like one?
I do! She is a lovely Lhasa Apso called Lady! I miss my baby so badly, she stood home with my parents…
Recommend me some Christmas songs please ^^
I’m terrible late for this! But I love My Kind of Christmas from Christina Aguilera, Jingle Bell Rock from Within Temptation, Santa Baby from Taylor Swift and Winter Wonderland from Vanessa Hudgens. Those are the ones that come to my mind now. Sorry, haha!
Recommend me some road trips book please (sth like Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour :D)
I’m afraid I don’t know any, sorry 😦
Top 5 travel destinations?
Curitiba, Brazil; Toronto, Canada; New York, USA; Berlim, Germany; London, England ❤
Beach or Historical Monument or Disneyland?
In an utopic world, Disneyland (as I have never been to any), Historical Monument and then Beach 🙂 I grew up in beaches, they are not all that special, haha!
Favourite Disney Princess? Fav Disney Character?
In chronological order: Ariel, Jasmim, Bela, Meg, back to Bela, Elsa and nowadays, Aurora. Come on, can you just imagine if the recipe for all your problems to vanish was taking a nap? COUNT. ME. IN. This is my ideal for life now, haha! And my favorite character all time is Goofy ❤
How much do you loathe Umbridge? (you can skip this question if you don’t know bout her)
Enough to imagine her immortal and being tortured by the Inquisition until the end of times!
Contemporary Fiction or Dystopia or Fantasy?
Hmm, Fantasy. Then Dystopia. Then Contemporary Fiction, but this is so not one of my go-to genres, haha!
Where are you from? 😀
I’m Brazilian – I think I already said this before, but I realized that many people didn’t know, haha!
Melancholic. This post has been previously written in the same day we all found out about Alan Rickman’s death. RIP.
Do you love me? Kidding lol some cry-worthy books?
Hello, guys! Happy late New Year! I hope everybody has a wonderful 2016, full of realizations, love and health 😀
I’m sorry I’ve been absent those last two days – they were INSANE. I’m not usually a person with a very busy social life, so you can understand my own astonishment in telling you that I simply didn’t stay home during the day and arrived to fall on my bed, dead, right? Haha!
Anyway, I’d like to thank you for sticking around despite the weird first half of year of the blog, haha! I started The Book Adventures of Annelise Lestrange on Blogspot in May and changed to WordPress in June 22th. Since then, there were 1.495 pageviews, 633 visitors, 129 published posts and 123 followers by e-mail subscription – I think it’s almost 30 via WordPress only.
Guys, honestly. THANK YOU.
I started the blog to have a hobby to compensate my head from my dissertation and this became my life. I was never a compromised person online before – I had many blogs in the past that never got to turn a month old, I could never stick to a social media site before Instagram and now I can’t life without both the book blogger and bookstagram community. You are a second family for me, thank you for everything!
I don’t plan on making any big changes for now, as I already did it in last November. We still have weekly, fortnightly and monthly sections + book/manga/comic book reviews + special random posts. You can see those sections in detail here, but let’s do a quick recap:
Match Made in Mondays meme
TBR of the Week
Manga of the Week
Authors from my heart ❤ (Book authors and mangakas)
Must-have edition of the month
Book haul + wrap up + TBR for the next month
New releases of the next month
So far, that’s what we got over here 😀 And there is a new thing: after I had the time to go back home and have a routine again, I’ll prepare a post with a partial balance of my bookish boyfriends since I started the blog. All men that I can think of based on my 2015 reads will be there. Later on, I’ll prepare a page to leave the list there and will do a monthly post with the updates to you guys before including more names there 😀 Do you think this will be fun??
Oh, and I’d love suggestions on new sections, posts that you want to see, anything! 😀 Just leave your comments bellow and let’s talk!
Hmm, that’s it! Thanks for reading once again and Happy 2016! ❤
Hello, there! Today it’s my first scheduled Monday and I’m sooo happy for that, haha! There’s just one thing that I love more than schedules: being on them LOL. Anyway, let’s start the week with my participation on my dear friend Audrey, from the Forwards and Bookwords, Monday-ly meme:
This week’s theme is:
THIS VILLAIN FROM ONE BOOK + THIS VILLAIN FROM A DIFFERENT BOOK, in a fight (What’s the ultimate face-off that you’d love to see happen? How would it go down? Who would win?)
I have NO idea who would actually win, haha! I mean, Katherine has CENTURIES of experience, okay, but Neferet is such a controlling and manipulative bitch with very scaring powers… Hm, it would be a very fair match, in my opinion.
As for who I would be supporting, it would be Katherine. I don’t really like her, both on show and books, but I TRULY HATE Neferet. MADDLY.
Sorry, I can’t control myself, haha!
Maybe Katherine would have better chances at winning, after lots of awful bites and bone breakings, thanks to her advanced age. Neferet’s power, in my opinion, depends on too many outside elements for it to reach it’s top. Katherine just needs some blood to destroy humanity, haha!
That’s it! Thanks for reading! Which villains would you love to watch getting into a fight??