REVIEW REQUESTS ARE CLOSED!
To avoid long waiting lines and problems, I would like to apologize to all lovely authors and publishers that arrive on this page, but it won’t be possible for me to take up more requests right now. I promise to open my review requests spots again soon 🙂 I’m sorry for the inconvenience, but stay tuned, I’ll be back!
PS: if I have already read and reviewed books for you in the past, please, don’t hesitate to contact me. I’m sure we can work something out =)
Hello! Before submitting your book for review, I’d like to talk about my personal tastes and work style. I’m an avid panda reader but, as everybody else, I have my preferences and work pace 🙂
I’m a graduated Journalist and have over five years of experience with reviews of all kinds – which explains both my honest, deep and analytical
rambling thoughts and why I take a little while to get to your book, haha! But don’t worry – if your book hasn’t been published yet, I will prioritize it so the review goes out before the book 😀
My analysis will always be professional, but my ratings are totally personal, sorry 🙂
As I mentioned, I am an avid reader, but I don’t read some type of books and I apologize in advance for that. It’s nothing personal with you or your work, but everybody has their tastes 🙂
Don’ts of my shelves
- Fitness and health books
- Diet books
- Self-help books
- Christian / Religious books (I do read books that talk about religion in a historic way, romances involving characters that are religious, but I don’t like the ones that try to indoctrinate the reader. Please respect that when submitting a book for review)
- Books that teach you a lesson through a spiritual journey (example: The Shack)
- Books without a happy ending (okay, I do read them, but I can guarantee a good final rating)
Do’s of my shelves
- Historical romances (specially those set in London, 19th century)
- LGBT romances (I love male couples, but female couples will be very welcome as well!)
- Ghosts, vampires, zombies, werewolves (specially if it includes a male/male couple, hehe), witches, fairies…
- Fairy-tales retellings
- Epic books (like Lord of The Rings)
- Futuristic books
- Art related
- Journalism related
- Animal related
Really, I read most anything, haha! If you don’t know if your book fits my tastes, just shoot me an e-mail and we can talk =)
As I live in Brazil, I ask only for epub, pdf and mobi formats for reading. Don’t get me wrong, I love paperbacks, but the shipping can be a bit expensive to my address. I don’t want to burden anyone, so I stick to digital formats 🙂 Of course that, if you are a beautiful soul and really like my review afterwards, I would love a physical copy of the book, when available, haha! ;D
- After I receive the book, I’ll list your name at my Partnerships page, to spotlight you and your work ❤
- The waiting line is about 2 weeks before I get to your book. However, if your book hasn’t been published yet, I will prioritize it for the review to be out before the launch;
- During reading time, I usually mark the book as currently-reading on my Goodreads account – and if I don’t, it’s because I’ve read your book in one sitting and you were that awesome to keep me glued to it with that intensity, haha!
- After I finish the book, the review is posted on three places: this blog, my Goodreads account and Amazon. The review takes one to three days after I finish the book
with luckto be up everywhere, as it is very analytical. You can take a look at my style here.
- After all is up and good, I’ll send you a complete list with all the links of the places that I have talked about your book as soon as I can. This list will include my blog posts, Amazon and Goodreads review and my Twitter posts.
Star Rating System
I use Goodreads’ star rating system: 1 to 5, without half stars.
- 5 stars: I really loved the book, so I will push it to people everywhere and intend to eventually buy myself a copy for my physical collection, when available.
- 4 stars: I liked the book, but felt that something was missing or had minor issues with it.
- 3 stars: it was an enjoyable read and I don’t regret grabbing it at all, but there is little chance that I will read it again or brag about it. Higher chances of complaints during the review.
- 2 stars: I had several issues with the book and came to the conclusion that I was the wrong audience for it.
- 1 star: I don’t want to talk about it because I won’t be able to be civilized or express a fair opinion about this book. It was that bad for me.
That’s it! If you want to submit your book for an honest review, reach out to me at email@example.com and let’s talk!
If you want to know more about my panda self, click here.