Hello, there! Good morning and welcome to an awesome book tour hosted by Chapter by Chapter 😀 Today we’ll talk about The Hereafter, by Jessica Bucher!
by Jessica Bucher
Release Date: March 16th, 2016
Nin has no recollection of her death.
The things she does remember, like her cruel boyfriend, troubled father, and absent mother, she’d like to forget.
Dylan doesn’t need to remember his death to know that he deserved it. Who needs memories when you have the scars?
Sparks ignite when the two, very different, strangers meet. Together they spend one endless summer exploring their new world. Suddenly, their after-lives hold more possibility and promise than their tragic teenage lives ever did.
But no dream lasts forever, and all too soon, harmful memories from their pasts emerge and threaten to tear them apart. Given the chance to change their fates, Nin and Dylan must decide– life or love.
Weaving through past and present and alternating perspectives, The Hereafter is an emotional journey about young love and second chances.
You can find The Hereafter on both paperback and ebook formats 🙂
And it’s my honor to say that we have Jessica Bucher herself here today to talk about her book! Thanks so much for stopping by and indulging us, Jessica! ❤
I asked her my standart question: 5 interesting facts about her book and/or writting process. I’ll pass the word to Jessica now 🙂
1) I never intended to write YA when I first wanted to be a writer. I fell in love with the genre, and once I sat down to write The Hereafter, I knew there was no going back. This is the genre for me, and I couldn’t imagine writing any other way.
2) The idea for the story came to me from lyrics to the Rolling Stone’s song Wild Horses. “Let’s do some living after we die.”
3) I had the hardest time committing to writing this novel. Then, I discovered NaNoWriMo, and it helped me to buckle down and write the whole novel in a month. Now, it’s the only way I write, and I’ve finished three whole novels during the month of November.
4) Most locations featured in the novel were inspired by places I visited while I lived in Europe. The scene in Paris was written in the days following my visit to the city. The hike taken by Nin and Dylan was inspired by the forests of Germany, and the scene where they watch the sunset on the glen was written after I visited Ireland.
5) The cover was designed by a friend and fellow blogger who has been designing my blog for years. She is very talented with design and script. The title is actually written in her handwriting. This was her first cover design, but I bet it won’t be her last. www.freeborboleta.com
Thanks for letting me share and talk about this book!
You’re very welcome, Jessica! Again, thanks so much for being here and I loved to know those details! I love Wild Horses ❤
Jessica is a young adult author pursuing publishing. She is married to an Army pilot and they live together in Germany with their two boys. In her free time, Jessica runs a local writing group, teaches yoga, travels and speaks poor German. Her first novel, The Hereafter, is currently seeking a publishing home.
Three lucky INTERNATIONAL winners will take home each a digital copy of The Hereafter!
To enter, just click here and good luck: GIVEAWAY!
That’s it, thanks for reading! Also, thanks again to Jessica for stopping by and to Chapter by Chapter for my spot on this tour ❤