Hi, there! Sorry for the late post, but I’m really crazy right now with my offline life. I’m still adjusting to my new schedule and the ghost holiday was so full that I’m tired until the end of my bones, ugh! I probably will struggle a little this week, but on the next I’ll be more stabilized, as I already saved a bunch of hours to schedule stuff here, haha!
But let’s talk now about the wonderful tour that Xpresso Book Tours put together for All The Feels, by Danika Stone!
All the Feels
by Danika Stone
Publisher: Swoon Reads
Publication date: June 7th, 2016
Genres: Contemporary, Young Adult
College freshman Liv is more than just a fangirl: The Starveil movies are her life… So, when her favorite character, Captain Matt Spartan, is killed off at the end of the last movie, Liv Just. Can’t. Deal.
Tired of sitting in her room sobbing, Liv decides to launch an online campaign to bring her beloved hero back to life. With the help of her best friend, Xander, actor and steampunk cosplayer extraordinaire, she creates #SpartanSurvived, a campaign to ignite the fandom. But as her online life succeeds beyond her wildest dreams, Liv is forced to balance that with the pressures of school, her mother’s disapproval, and her (mostly nonexistent and entirely traumatic) romantic life. A trip to DragonCon with Xander might be exactly what she needs to figure out what she really wants.
You can already pre-order your ebook or paperback copy of All The Feels on the stores below 🙂
And that’s not all! We have no one less than Danika herself over here today, to talk a bit about her upcoming release!
As always, I asked Danika to tell us 5 interesting facts about her book and writing process 🙂 Thanks so much for being with us today, Danika! I’ll pass the word to you now, haha!
Five Interesting Facts about ALL THE FEELS
1) All the Feels almost wasn’t written. Back when I started writing the story (in 2013, I believe), I had two completely different plot ideas in my head. One was a YA novel (that eventually became All the Feels) and the other was a science fiction novel about time-travel. I was definitely veering toward the latter, but my hubby convinced me I should give YA a try. The rest is history!
2) All the Feels and Liv’s quest to bring her OTC (one true character) back from the dead has historical precedence. When Arthur Conan Doyle killed off the character of Sherlock Holmes in “The Adventure of the Final Problem” (Strand Magazine, 1893) his readers were livid. They wrote so many letters to Doyle and the papers of the time, that the author felt compelled to bring Sherlock back from the dead. Doyle redacted Sherlock’s death in the subsequent “The Adventure of the Empty House”.
3) All the Feels had a different ending in the first draft. Those readers who enjoyed reading All the Feels during the Swoon Reads selection process will be surprised to discover a different ending than the first version. The newly revised and rewritten scenes are some of my favorites in the entire book.
4) All the Feels is dedicated to @CoulsonLives. Long before I wrote All the Feels, a fan using the twitter name @CoulsonLives inspired much of the fandom-based fic-writing about Agent Coulson – specifically about the fact that Coulson could have survived at the end of the first Avengers movie. The TV show Agents of Shield was developed after this online phenomenon!
5) All the Feels is based on a true-to-life science fiction fandom. #Spoilers: I’m totally not telling you which one it is, but I bet if you follow the clues you can figure it out.
- Takes place in outer space.
- Involves an ongoing war, including a rebellion.
- One of the main characters dies.
Anyone feel like hazarding a guess?
Hmm, I’d try Star Wars, but I didn’t watch all the movies to be sure, oops! If you guys know, tell me in the comments, please!! Oh, and thanks so much for being here, Danika! I loved your facts ❤
Danika Stone is an author, artist, and educator who discovered a passion for writing fiction while in the throes of her Masters thesis. A self-declared bibliophile, Danika now writes novels for both adults (The Intaglio Series and Ctrl Z) and teens (Icarus and All the Feels). When not writing, Danika can be found hiking in the Rockies, planning grand adventures, and spending far too much time online. She lives with her husband, three sons, and a houseful of imaginary characters in a windy corner of Alberta, Canada.
The first book in Danika’s upcoming Tathagata series (Edge of Wild) was selected as a quarter-finalist in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel of the Year Award (2013). Edge of Wild (Stonehouse CA) will be released March 2016. Danika’s YA novel, All the Feels (Macmillan US), will be released June 2016.
Ms. Stone is represented by Morty Mint of Mint Literary Agency.
The giveaway hosted at this tour is exclusive to lovely US residents, so if you are a lovely US resident or have someone lovely on the US that can receive the prize for you, gather around and let’s talk prizes!
One lucky winner will take home a paperback copy of All The Feels!
To enter, just click here and good luck: GIVEAWAY!
That’s it, thanks so much for reading!! Oh, and I’d like to thank the author and the publisher for providing all the bloggers involved in this tour (including my royal self) with a gift copy of All The Feels! I’m totally reading it on August! ❤